Women With ADHD ADD

For Women with ADHD ADD Who Want to Connect

I joined this forum looking for some understanding, common ground and was feeling a little sad when a friend of mine suggested it to me.  After reading some of the funny moments, I not only got a good laugh, I had my day brightened and realized I have one of my own!!!

I have trouble hearing my work cell phone at times, so I have to pick a ring that covers a lot of tones and have it on LOUD, as if I am working in the field, whether driving or with a patient or just really focussed on something, then I often don't hear it at all.  But when I am sitting in my office and my phone rings, it is a great source of humour to all of my coworkers because I literally just about jump out of my skin and scream out loud!  I didn't realize this could be because of my ADD, I just knew I didn't understand it at all, how I often don't hear it when I am actively working, yet it shocks and terrifies me when I am just doing boring work in the office, to the point of screaming out loud, lol!!!

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adison - Isn't it great when we finally get diagnosed with ADHD/ADD that we start to put the pieces together for some of our strange behavioral actions or inactions.  Noise is one of the things that affects ADHD people and your story was a very good example.  A lot of we ADHDers can relate.  Thanks for sharing.

Im so agree! When I finally got diagnosed, i felt so relived!
At last I got answers to so many question.
At the same time I want to show or tell people, Im not different than You. Im lucky. Got more energy, are more creative and Im not scared to take a challange ;)
So be proud- breath- feel life ;)

Charlotte said:

Adison - Isn't it great when we finally get diagnosed with ADHD/ADD that we start to put the pieces together for some of our strange behavioral actions or inactions.  Noise is one of the things that affects ADHD people and your story was a very good example.  A lot of we ADHDers can relate.  Thanks for sharing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Great Resources for Women with ADHD

© 2014   Created by Terry Matlen, ACSW.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service